Stopbyte

Could Someone Give me Advice on Optimizing a Web Application for Performance and Scalability?

Hello there,

I am reaching out because I need some guidance on optimizing a web application for both performance and scalability.

I have been working on a web application using the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React, Node.js). While the application functions well with a small user base; I am noticing significant performance issues as the user base grows.

Queries to MongoDB are becoming slower; especially as the dataset grows. I have tried indexing; but the performance gains are marginal. Any tips on optimizing MongoDB performance?

The Node.js server sometimes struggles to handle multiple concurrent requests. I have implemented clustering, but I am unsure if it’s the most effective solution. Are there better ways to manage high server load?

The React frontend is becoming sluggish, particularly on pages with heavy data. I’ve attempted code splitting and lazy loading, but the improvements are still not sufficient. What are some best practices for optimizing a React application?

In general, what strategies should I consider to ensure the application can scale efficiently as the user base continues to grow? Should I look into microservices; and if so; where should I start?

Also, I have gone through this post: https://stopbyte.com/t/wpf-customized-combobox-dropdown-salesforce which definitely helped me out a lot

I would really appreciate any advice; resources; or personal experiences you could share that might help me tackle these issues. I am open to suggestions on tools; frameworks; or architectural changes that could improve performance and scalability.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.